Wildlife Bush Experience
R24,800 (Approx £1,420)
No set dates: Please get in touch – we will try to accommodate to suit your travel dates…
About the Wildlife Bush Experience
This 14-day adventure is an ideal option for wildlife enthusiasts, those people interested in attending a safari guide training course (but are unsure if it is for them) and for the adventurous who want to experience Africa in a different way and learn something whilst doing it.
You will be stationed within the Greater Kruger National Park area of South Africa. This is an area of Kruger to the west of the famous game reserve which is made up of a network of private game reserves all open to each other and all open to Kruger Park itself – in other words – it is an area where the wildlife is free to roam as it pleases between the reserves. Participants in the programme will be immersed in Big 5 country, an area consisting of approximately 3.5 million hectares of African wilderness – the perfect setting for an adventure of a lifetime!
The project also supports a charitable fund which is part of the owner’s belief in Social Responsibility. This year the course is supporting a local man with corneal scarring – see further down for more information.
Package price includes:
- Bush walks & game drives
- Pick-up and drop off from Eastgate Airport (Hoedspruit Airport / HDS)
- 3 meals a day (special diets catered for)
- Weekly town trips for shopping
If a road transfer direct from Jo’burg to camp is needed then we can arrange this too.
The following experiences, are included as standard:
- 2-days in Kruger National Park
- Bush sleep-out
- Wildlife Rehabilitation tour
- Rural community outreach work x2
- Reptile Park interactive guided tour
- Visit to 2,000-year-old Baobab and pancake restaurant (cost of 1 pancake and 1 beverage included)
- Trip to waterfall and pools for swimming, including picnic lunch (or when closed for filming, trip to mountain view-point and thereafter swimming area)
- Guided walking tour of local village
- Trip to local restaurant (cost of standard meal covered, excluding drinks)
Special activities may be included as they arise (at no extra cost):
- Accompanying the local wildlife vet on call
- Visiting a game farm
- Attending a conservation event
In addition, there will be:
Short, informal lectures designed to give participants an understanding of both animals and nature to enhance their experiences on bush walks and game drives.
Participants will also get to assist in the conservation of the area with hands-on experience in the Bush. This could include:
- Alien plant control
- Erosion management
- Or it could be working on sustainable projects run by Campfire Academy’s intern students.
Participants must be aware that they will be staying in a BIG 5 game area and that the program may be disrupted at any point by game viewing opportunities, whether it be elephants visiting at the camp fence, giraffes passing by or an early morning wake-up call to go see lions!
On arrival, participants may also choose from a variety of optional extra excursions (prices vary per excursion) which can be slotted into the two-week programme:
- Panorama Drive – touring the natural beauty of Limpopo’s &
- Mpaumalanga’s breath-taking landscapes and waterfalls
- Horse-back Safari
- Airborne Microlight Safari
- Additional day-trip into Kruger National Park
- and more…
This is something very important to the people running this course and Afreco Tours Ltd would also like to support and assist. This year they are supporting BobBob – a local worker at Tehila Conservation Centre close to where the course is run.
As a young boy BobBob was diagnosed with corneal scarring in both eyes in the late 1970s. In those days, he was able to get a diagnosis, but treatment was not available to him. Simple eye drops would have healed his eyes.
Now BobBob has extremely limited vision and without corneal grafts he will soon be blind. With blindness comes unemployment and in his own words BobBob say his “life will be over”.
Using #GivingBack Brass Bassett has been Crowd Funding for an operation in one eye. She has just passed the half-way mark of the R77,000.00 (S. African Rand) target. For every booking we receive she will personally donate R3,000.00 to the fund Bobbob until the target is reached!