Safari Guide Okavango | 28 days
2 weeks = $3,249 (USD)
4 weeks = $6, 349 (USD)
Safari Guide / Nature Guide Training Course
FGASA Level 1/ BQA Level 2
Book 2 weeks or 4 weeks (save money booking 4 weeks)
(Please note 4 weeks are required for the FGASA accreditation, plus 30 days home study prior to departure)
- 01-Mar-19 to 15-Mar-19
- 15-Mar-19 to 29-Mar-19
4 weeks = 01 March 2019 – 15th March 2019
- 10-May-19 to 24-May-19
- 24-May-19 to 07-Jun-19
4 weeks = 10th May 2019 to 7th June 2019
- 19-Jul-19 to 2-Aug-19
- 2-Aug-19 to 16-Aug-19
4 weeks = 19th July 2019 to 16th August 2019
- 27-Sep-19 to 11-Oct-19
- 11-Oct-19 to 25-Oct-19
4 weeks = 27th September 2019 to 25th October 2019
Kwapa Camp is in the Okavango Delta area of Botswana
Watch this short video to understand what to expect as a potential safari guide student or to learn about the African wilderness in a unique and unparalleled way…
About the 28 day safari guide training course in the Okavango Delta
The Okavango Delta is one of the last remaining true unspoiled areas in Africa. It is abundant in African game species and it is unrivalled with its spectacular landscapes and vast open skies. It is arguably the ideal location for training to be a an African safari guide (Field Guide) or simply just for expanding your knowledge about the African bush and learning about its ecosystems and diverse wildlife… whilst having one of the most incredible experiences of Africa.
- Theory lectures and power point from qualified and knowledgeable trainers
- Game walks – including approaching big game on foot
- Mokoro (dug-out canoe) poling skills – depending on water levels
- Motor boating – depending on water levels
- Students conduct 4×4 vehicle game drives
- Stargazing & astronomy
- Wilderness sleepouts
No prior experience is required…but please note that in order to achieve FGASA level 1 accreditation you must complete a 4 week course (including 30 days of pre-course home study)
There are two formal qualifications available:
- BQA – Level 2: This is the Botswana Training Authority exam which is the national guiding qualification for Botswana.
- FGASA – Level 1: This is the Field Guide Association of Southern Africa exam and is the national guiding qualification used in South Africa.
Accommodation & Camp
Kwapa Camp is situated in the Okavango Delta of Botswana which lies in the sub-tropical latitudes of southern Africa. The camp lies beneath a grove of Mangosteen trees on the banks of the crystal clear Kwapa River in the southern Okavango. The Kwapa region is an unfenced wilderness area and is inhabited with all the diverse wildlife of the world famous Okavango Delta -lion, leopard, hippo, elephant and buffalo are resident. Wild dog, cheetah and much of the other species are present sporadically. The near-endemic lechwe antelope along with numerous other antelope make up the most prominent species. There is also a range of fascinating nocturnal animals such as aardvark, bushbaby, small-spotted genet, springhare, striped weasel, African wildcat and much more.
Kwapa Camp is a safari guide training camp. The facilities are basic and designed for those seeking a deeper knowledge of the wilderness and not luxury. That said, we do make you as comfortable as we can in our training camp.
The camp consists of a kitchen area where your meals are prepared, a dining area where you take your meals, a lecture room, a sitting area around the campfire and the tents and ablutions.
The tents are 2.4m x 2.4m dome tents and furnished with a camp bed, bedding a LED bedside light on a small bed-side table. There is a stand-basin outside the front of your tent with fresh water. Toilet and showers are communal and situated a short distance from the tents. The option exists to upgrade to a larger, more spacious tent with an en-suite toilet and shower (surcharge applies).
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website
• non-ATOL flight inclusive packages sold to customers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
• repatriation of customers as may be applicable, subject to the terms of the insurance policy.
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 01702 811397. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)