EcoQuest Nature Course
Various, please see below...
2018 Dates (14 day courses)
R28,100 rand | Approx £1,560
- 1 November- 14 November | Mashatu (1 – 7 November) & Makuleke (7 – 14 November) 2018 (1 space left only)
- 1 November- 14 November | Makuleke (1 – 7 November) & Mashatu (7 – 14 November) 2018
Above locations: Mashatu is in the Tuli area of Botswana & Makuleke is in the Northern region of Kruger National Park, South Africa.
2018 Dates (7 day courses)
R16,500 rand | Approx £915.00
- 29 October – 04 November | Karongwe South Africa
- 14 November – 20 November | Makuleke South Africa
- 22 November – 28 November | Makuleke South Africa (1 space left only)
- 10 December – 16 December | Karongwe South Africa
2018 Dates (7 day courses – KENYA)
$1,560 usd| Approx £1,200
- 15 December – 21 December | Mara Training Centre
2019 Dates (14 day courses)
- South Africa option: R34,360 rand | Approx £1,900
- Kenya Option: $2,960 USD | Approx. £2,280
- 10 April – 23 April 2019 | Karongwe – South Africa
- 15 June – 28 June 2019 | Makuleke – South Africa
- 28 July – 10 August 2019 Mashatu (28 July – 3 Aug 2019) & Karongwe (3 Aug – 10 Aug 2019) (1 space left only)
- 01 July – 14 July 2019 | Mara Training Centre – Kenya
- 03 November – 16 November 2019 | Karongwe – South Africa
Above locations: Mashatu is in the Tuli area of Botswana, Makuleke is in the Northern region of Kruger National Park, South Africa, Karongwe is in South Africa’s Limpopo Province and the Mara Training Centre is in the Masai Mara area.
2019 Dates (7 day courses)
R20,115 rand | Approx £1,115
- 08 March – 14 March 2019 | Makuleke South Africa
- 31 May – 06 June 2019 | Karongwe South Africa
- 24 August – 30 August 2019 | Makuleke South Africa
- 16 December – 22 December 2019 | Mashatu Botswana
2019 Dates (7 day courses – KENYA) at the Mara Training Centre
$1 , 720 USD | Approx. £1,320
- 05 June – 11 June 2019
- 08 August – 14 August 2019 (Full)
- 21 August – 27 August 2019
- 01 September – 07 September 2019
- 07 September – 13 September 2019
- 15 December – 21 December 2019
- Accommodation (sharing)
- Tea/coffee and cordials
- Instruction and training
- Game walks
- Open vehicle game drives
- Sleep outs/ additional activities
- 1 night at a guesthouse in Jo’burg (the night before)
- 1 transfer to camp (the outgoing transfer 14 day or 21 day only)
- Return transfers from the camp (both transfers excluded for 7 day option)
- Other transfers before and after the course
- Any accommodation other than the guesthouse at the start before/after the course
- Select beverages
- Kruger National Park entrance fee (only applicable if the course is at Makuleke Camp)
- Border crossing fee (only applicable if the course is at Mashatu Camp)
- All flights to and from South Africa including internal flights (Click here for flight quotes)
About the EcoQuest African Nature & Wildlife course
The EcoQuest safari is a wildlife course but also a safari with a difference. It is designed to provide an ecological learning experience by incorporating certain aspects of the long-running and highly popular 28 day Safari Guide Course.
It is primarily aimed at those who are looking for a more in-depth bush learning experience, but who are not necessarily able to take such a long from work or other commitments.
It consists of two components:
- Learning about the fascinating elements of nature and how each are carefully interconnected to one another in a specific region
- While at the same time experiencing some aspects of typical safari guide training.
If you are an adventurous spirit wanting to gain a greater understanding of nature and the environment, whilst experiencing the excitement of the bush, then the EcoQuest option is for you. If you are a student testing the waters for a career in this field, then join this course to see if it what you are looking for. In addition, you will be shown how to drive a 4×4 vehicle, to identify common birds, plants, trees, identify wildlife tracks and how to track game on foot.
Some subjects covered on the course:
- Common Trees and Shrubs
- Animal Tracks and Tracking
- Bird Identification and Behaviour
- Animal Behaviour
- Orientation and Navigation
- Bush Skills
- Positioning Vehicle for Photography
- Correct Use of Binoculars
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website
• non-ATOL flight inclusive packages sold to customers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
• repatriation of customers as may be applicable, subject to the terms of the insurance policy.
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 01702 811397. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)