Safari Guide Training Course | 93 days
R95,000 | Approx: £5,350
Next course date:
13 January – 14 April
- 1 night’s stay in Jo’burg on arrival
- Course transfers to and from camp in with your price
Course also includes:
- Accommodation in rondawels (rondavels)
- 3 meals per day
- FGASA fees
- Balule Nature Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park, South Africa. This is the same location as our very own Transfrontier Africa Balule Conservation Project
More about the Safari Field Guide Training Course / Nature Guiding course
As with all of our other courses this is another fantastic option to choose when looking for a high-quality and high standard nature/field guiding course.
As a field guide student you will find yourself immersed in the African wilderness spending three unforgettable months training to be a FGASA accredited safari field guide in the beautiful wilderness of Balule Nature Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park, South Africa.
Balule is a fantastic location situation in a Big 5 country and an ideal outdoor “classroom” for you to learn all there is to know about guiding in Southern Africa.
Students experience first-hand what it is like to be a nature guide in a Big 5 area. All lectures, practical implementation of the theory and kills courses take place at the camp situated on the game reserve.
Although it is possible to join this course for the experience it is a course more focused on students who are purely interested in becoming a nature guide in the lodge and tourism industry or to broaden their knowledge and learn the relevant skills.
What do you need to become a field guide?
- Passionate about the earth’s natural treasures & people
- Observant and have a natural curiosity about everything in nature
- Respect for the natural resources that nature provides for us and the guests you will accompany
- To succeed in this comprehensive course – commitment and a true interest in nature are required
- Knowledge – This is why you need to do a course!
Nature Guide (Field Guide)
A very high standard is set throughout this course! Theoretical and practical work will prepare students for what it is like in guiding industry. Students will learn how to interpret nature and how to convey this knowledge to guests who they would be guiding as a qualified guide.
Topics this safari guide course will cover:
- FGASA level 1
- Wilderness Level 2 First Aid
- CyberTracker Tracks & Signs
- Reptile Ranger course
- 4 x 4 driving skills
- Nature Photography
- Hosting skills
Other benefits of this course:
- Situated in a true Big 5 open system in the world renowned Greater Kruger National Park.
- Training camp accredited by FGASA (Field guiding association of Southern Africa) and CATHSSETA
(Culture, Arts, Tourism, and Hospitality & Sport Sector Education & Training Authority) since 2007
- Staff are fully qualified trails guides (NQF2/NQF4)
- Principal trainer has a BSc degree in Botany and Zoology and Specialist Teaching degree
- On-site accredited assessor (FGASA & CATHSSETA 613/A/002154/2010)
- Small groups, not exceeding 10 students for personal attention to each student