Tuli Wilderness Walking Trails & Safaris
PLEASE CALL OR SEND US AN EMAIL FOR PRICES AND AVAILABILITY…THIS SECTION IS STILL BEING COMPLETED. TRIPS ARE RUNNING 2016/2017.
Prices quoted will be inclusive of meals and accommodation (but shall exclude flights, transfers, items of a personal nature)
We can also quote for bespoke trips for more or less nights if required (i.e. 1 week, 10 days…)
We will try to accommodate dates to suit you, can be longer or shorter in duration
Two experienced professional rangers accompany you on the trail and ensure an exhilarating interpretive experience. A typical day is made up of two main activities: after a dawn wake-up, we head off for a morning walk, which usually lasts around four hours.
We take regular breaks and rest halfway through the morning walk at a pleasant spot to enjoy basic snacks, fruit juice and water. Returning to camp, we have a shower and a hearty brunch. The afternoon walk ends just after sunset, followed by an evening meal served around the camp fire chatting about the adventures of the day. We have three very different accommodation .htmls and trail-experience options with which to tailor-make the wilderness trails:
Serolo Tented Camp
Serolo Tented Camp is located along the shady floodplain of the Limpopo River under the many massive riverine trees including the magnificent Mashatu and tall Apple-leaf trees.
- The unfenced camp offers accommodation in five fully serviced safari-style tents with each tent sleeping two persons.
- All of the tents have two single beds, electric fans and both electric and hurricane lamps
- All of the tents have en-suite showers and flush toilets. Hot water is created by ‘donkey-boilers’.
- The camp has 220V electricity.
- There is a spotlight overlooking the waterhole at Serolo Camp. Game such as elephants, leopard, bushbuck, bush pigs, warthogs and African wild cats can be seen drinking at the waterhole just below the camp.
Trails Camp is set deep in the wildest of places. This camp moves from season to season following the movement of game, available water and shade.
- The canvas trails tents have flysheets for shade and there are two beds in each tent.
- Basic rustic ablutions give this camp its adventurous charm.
- The kitchen is under a spacious army style tent.
- Gas and paraffin lamps provide light, while the ‘donkey boiler’ heats water for hot showers.
- Dinners are cooked over and eaten around a campfire.
Wilderness Sleep Outs
Wilderness Sleep Outs are done under the stars and the lack of need for vehicle access means that these can be done anywhere in the reserve.
- We sleep on the ground around a fire to be and usually carry sleeping bags, sleeping mats, our food, water and all other essentials with us (although these can be delivered for us).
- Trailists take shifts in mounting a watch for the evening, ensuring that we remain safe.
Trails meals provided are:
- Morning tea, coffee, rusks, fruit, snacks
- Substantial brunch in the camp
- Afternoon tea, coffee, biscuits, fruit, snacks
- Bush dinner around the camp fire
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure and paid in respect of
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination
offered in this brochure/literature/document/on this website (subject to the terms of the insurance policy), for:
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 0870 0137 965. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)