Safari Learning Experience | 28 days
R42,000 South African Rand
Start dates 2018
- 06 October 2018 to 3rd November 2018 2 spaces available
Based on the highly popular Safari Guide Training Courses (also often referred to as Nature Guide Training Courses) this program will offer you a very unique experience of the African wilderness and it’s complex ecosystems without the pressure of exams.
You will be based in the middle of a big 5 game reserve and experience the sites, sounds and wildlife of the African bush in greater details than you can imagine. As this is not an assessed course you can take in the experience and knowledge at your own pace.
The program is based on the structure and training of the accredited safari guide training courses that we also offer. The official courses have to teach new guides how to be top guides and for this they need to have an in-depth understanding of the bush and all of its wildlife in order to interpret this to their safari guests. As a result you get to learn a lot during your 28 days on this program and being based in the bush you will experience the wildlife unlike you would on a ‘normal safari’.
- All Meals
- Pick-up & drop-off from East Gate (Hoedspruit Airport) or bus, transfer drop-off points in Hoedspruit
- Bush Walks / Game Drives
- Visit to the Drakensberg & sleepover in the mountains
- Navigation & Survival
- All transport during the course
- Certificate of participation
- Fieldwork towards Conservation Management
- Miscellaneous – any relevant activities that might arise during the program/course
- Flights & transport to and from Hoedspruit
- Travel & Medical insurance
- Personal items
- Options social events e.g. dinner out
- Optional Excursions e.g. Visit to Kruger National Park
Accommodation & Location
You will be based in Greater Kruger National Park, South Africa.
The camp you will be based in is located in Balule Nature Reserve approximately 20 km’s from Hoedspruit Town. Balule is open to Kruger National Park and is home to all of the Big 5. The wider area is made up of 1800km2 of Private game reserves, 20,000 km2 for Kruger National Park and 10000km2 for Limpopo National Park. Animals move freely across these areas as the dividing fences have been removed. This means that it is truly an amazing experience if you are lucky enough to see the wildlife as in actual fact a sightings should be seen as evidence of the efficacy of a large, functioning ecosystem in contrast to a small, contained system where animals are forced to literally live on top of each other.
Your accommodation will be in a fenced camp within the reserve, but with views across the surrounding bush. The camp has wi-fi, comfortable accommodation in traditional-style round rondavel huts with ablution facilties. The camp is equipped with a dining area, lecture theatre and viewing platform.
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure and paid in respect of
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination
offered in this brochure/literature/document/on this website (subject to the terms of the insurance policy), for:
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 0870 0137 965. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)