Pafuri Walking Trails (Walking Safaris)
PRICES FROM R3,300 pp
DURATION: The trail is 3 nights/4 days
- 4-day walking trail exploring the last true wilderness areas in northern Kruger National Park.
- Good game viewing of all large mammals as well as rare regional specials.
- Exceptional birding with many sought-after local and regional specials.
About the Pafuri Walking Trails
Location: Pafuri, Makuleke Contract Park (within the Kruger National Park, South Africa)
This seasonal three-night, four-day Pafuri Walking Trail takes place in the spectacular 24 000-hectare Makuleke Concession in the northernmost region of South Africa’s Kruger National Park. Each day is spent walking different parts of the area, along pathways made over the years by its animal inhabitants and following their tracks, all under the leadership of an experienced and armed guide.
Not only is there plenty of game, but there is also a unique range of habitat and scenery to explore: from the life-giving arteries of the Limpopo and Luvuvhu Rivers, well-developed floodplains and pans, rugged baobab-covered kopjes, dramatic mopane woodland and acacia, to the ethereal riverine forest. These landscapes are best experienced on foot and will bring guests closer to the astounding diversity of animal and bird life that makes Pafuri so special.
Pafuri Trails – group sizes
A maximum of eight walkers stay in comfortable walk-in dome tents with en-suite ‘eco-loos’ and shared bucket showers. Camp is set up in the shade of enormous trees at one of a number of campsites on the concession. At night guests dine under the stars – the camp lit by lanterns and a fire – enjoying a lively atmosphere with a light eco-footprint.
Where to find the camp
For those who are making their own way there
Camp GPS coordinates: 22°25’15.81″S / 31°13’45.81″E
Situated in the Makuleke Concession in northern Kruger National Park on the northern bank of the Luvuvhu River.
Self-drive: Approximate traveling times from: Phalaborwa airport – 5 hours, Timbavati camps – 5.5 hours, Johannesburg airport – 7 hours, Nelspruit – 6 hours.
Price does not include flights or transfers to camp
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website
• non-ATOL flight inclusive packages sold to customers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
• repatriation of customers as may be applicable, subject to the terms of the insurance policy.
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 01702 811397. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)