Ngala Tented Camp
Timbavati Private Game Reserve
Greater Kruger National Park | South Africa
If a safari under canvas is not for you then why not stay at Ngala lodge? Same location, different accommodation! Click here for details.
Ngala tented camp is set in the beautiful surroundings of Timbavati Game Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park, South Africa. This unique bush camp offers guests the best of both worlds with the traditional rustic experience of safari under canvas but at the same time offering the sophistication of comfort.
The camp overlooks the seasonally changing Timbavati River positioning you in the heart of the wilderness so that you can immerse yourself in the spectacular sights, smells, wild sounds and atmosphere of the South African bush.
Guests can use the facilities at the main lodge – such as the swimming pool.
Suggested Itinerary | 5-Day Ngala Experience (4 nights, 5 days)
(Please contact us to discuss other options)
Specially Catered for:
- Wildlife enthusiasts
- Luxury adventure travellers
- Walking safari enthusiasts
- Avid photographers
Enjoy an exhilarating specialised safari in a private game reserve that shares un-fenced borders with the Kruger National Park. In addition to interpretive game drives and walking safaris led by a specialist ranger and tracker, you will track rhino on foot, savour mouth-watering Pan African menus in a variety of intimate settings and enjoy superlative accommodation at either &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp or &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge. Get a glimpse into the rural lifestyle of the communities bordering the reserve on a visit to various projects run by the Africa Foundation, &Beyond’s community development partner.
This specialised adventure offers you the opportunity to tailor-make your safari with a senior private ranger and tracker team while discovering one of the richest wildlife regions on the continent. The tempo of the day is yours to choose and you can decide how much walking you would like to do, how long you would like to be out on game drive, how long you would like to spend taking advantage of photographic opportunities at each wildlife sighting and how much relaxation time you would like in the luxury of your suite.
- Take the safari itinerary as suggested or tailor-make your safari with a senior private ranger and tracker team and discover one of the richest wildlife ecosystems in Southern Africa.
- Set the pace yourself…you choose and you can decide how much walking you would like to do, how long you would like to be out on a game drive for, how long you would like to spend taking advantage of photographic opportunities at each wildlife sighting and how much relaxation time you would like in the luxury of your suite.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- An adventurous night in the wilderness with a sleep-out option
- Personalised attention with the opportunity to tailor-make your own safari
- Exceptional wildlife sightings
- Walking safaris in the Africa bush, accompanied by an expert ranger and tracker team
- Exhilarating wilderness adventures by day
- Romance and luxury by night
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Be sure to ask for the ranger’s omelette for at breakfast while at &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge – even if it is not on the menu.
- Stop for sundowners in the dry riverbed – take your socks off and walk in the soft sand.
- For an unforgettable wilderness experience, be sure to book a Cascades & Canyons helicopter flight during your stay. This is an exhilarating flight that swoops over deep and lush gorges of the Blyde River Canyon and through verdant valleys bursting with colour.
Photo gallery of Ngala Tented camp
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure and paid in respect of
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination
offered in this brochure/literature/document/on this website (subject to the terms of the insurance policy), for:
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 0870 0137 965. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)