Ngala Main Lodge
R41,144 per person sharing
Timbavati Private Game Reserve
Greater Kruger National Park | South Africa
Ngala Main Safari Lodge is part of the Ngala collection which also includes Ngala tented camp (click here for details).
Ngala is situated within the Greater Kruger National Park, an area to the west of the world famous Kruger National Park. Timbavati is a fantastic private game reserve which together with other private game reserves in the area forms the wider wilderness area of Greater Kruger National Park. Game is free to move between the reserves here and also with the main Kruger National Park as there are no fences. The advantage of staying in a reserve like Timbavati is that only guests within the private reserve get to traverse the rugged roads in search of wildlife away from the crowds often encountered in Kruger.
Ngala Safari Lodge is stunningly decorated to a high modern standard. It’s warm ambiance and attention to detail seems to make the bush come alive and allows you to wallow in the unhurried atmosphere and tranquility of the African wilderness. The lodge offers fun-filled children’s adventure programs too making it the ideal place for families to safari. There is also a choice of cottages and family suites to chose from.
The lodge is set on the banks of the seasonally changing Timbavati River giving you the perfect place to spot wildlife and absorb the nostalgic sights, smells and sounds of the South African bush.
Suggested Itinerary | 5-Day Ngala Experience (4 nights, 5 days)
(Please contact us to discuss other options)
Specially Catered for:
- Wildlife enthusiasts
- Luxury adventure travellers
- Walking safari enthusiasts
- Avid photographers
This is a suggested safari itinerary which can be booked with Ngala Lodge or Ngala tented camp (ask us for the tented camp options if interested).
Learn about the bush and experience the African wilderness as expert safari guides and trackers interpret the wildlife on game drives and walking safaris.
On this safari you will track rhino on foot, enjoy mouth-watering African menus in a variety of intimate settings whilst spending your rest time and nights in the nostalgic Ngala Tented Camp or Ngala Safari Lodge.
In addition you can get a glimpse into the rural life of the communities that border he reserve on a visit to various projects that are run by the Africa Foundation (&Beyond’s community development partner).
- Take the safari itinerary as suggested or tailor-make your safari with a senior private ranger and tracker team and discover one of the richest wildlife ecosystems in Southern Africa.
- Set the pace yourself…you choose and you can decide how much walking you would like to do, how long you would like to be out on a game drive for, how long you would like to spend taking advantage of photographic opportunities at each wildlife sighting and how much relaxation time you would like in the luxury of your suite.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- An adventurous night in the wilderness with a sleep-out option
- Personalised attention with the opportunity to tailor-make your own safari
- Exceptional wildlife sightings
- Walking safaris in the Africa bush, accompanied by an expert ranger and tracker team
- Exhilarating wilderness adventures by day
- Romance and luxury by night
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Be sure to ask for the ranger’s omelette for at breakfast while at &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge – even if it is not on the menu.
- Stop for sundowners in the dry riverbed – take your socks off and walk in the soft sand.
- For an unforgettable wilderness experience, be sure to book a Cascades & Canyons helicopter flight during your stay. This is an exhilarating flight that swoops over deep and lush gorges of the Blyde River Canyon and through verdant valleys bursting with colour.
Ngala Main Lodge
Ngala Family Suites
Ngala Family Cottages
Ngala photo gallery general
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure and paid in respect of
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination
offered in this brochure/literature/document/on this website (subject to the terms of the insurance policy), for:
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 0870 0137 965. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)