R20,400 per person sharing
R25, 875 single person rate
(SOUTH AFRICAN RAND)
- 22nd June – 26th June (Fully booked)
- 16th August – 20 August (Still availability)
(Book early to avoid disappointment)
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge in Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, South Africa
Bespoke or tailor-made workshops are possible at any time of the year for a minimum of 4 participants only.
About the Leopard photographic safari workshop in Sabi Sands, South Africa
Our wildlife experience combined with our photographic skills is what sets us apart. This, together with the locations we choose for these wildlife photography workshops, makes for an unforgettable experience. We now have many happy wildlife photography customers – some who return again and again!
Not only do we live and work in the bush 24/7 we have been doing it for 15 years. We choose locations that offer value for money and good wildlife sightings, our workshops are designed around animal movements and concentrations in the various locations. We try and keep our groups small to offer more personal attention and to create an intimate and exclusive atmosphere. We like to encourage creativity as we all learn from a new perspective. On all workshops there are notes and loads of practical tuition out in the field or on the vehicle. Most people arrive with a common interest but invariably leave as friends.
The Sabi Sand area in South Africa is well known for sightings of the usually elusive leopard, giving us a very good chance of getting some amazing photographs.
- Introduction to wildlife photography
- Animal behaviour – How to approach animals, getting close, safety, fright or flight, comfort zones, working with nature, hides etc. (vehicles, boats, aircraft.)
- How to use your camera – making sense of the jargon.
- Capturing the moment – Seeing and utilising photographic opportunities in the wild, anticipating the shot, use of flash, equipment choice, setting up shots.
- Composition – Designing the image. You have the opportunity, now compose a masterpiece!
- Wildlife photography etiquette and field ethics.
All times vary according to animal behaviour and light conditions to optimise the chance of getting that once in a lifetime shot.
- 05:00 Wake up depending on time of year may be earlier
- 05:30 Morning drive and photo session
- 10:00 Breakfast
- 11:00 Lecture and review session
- 15:30 Afternoon Tea
- 16:00 Afternoon Drive and photo session
- 19:30 Dinner
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure and paid in respect of
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination
offered in this brochure/literature/document/on this website (subject to the terms of the insurance policy), for:
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 0870 0137 965. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)