EcoQuest Nature Course
Prices vary depending on duration & location
2018 Dates (14 day courses)
- 6 July – 29 July Karongwe South Africa
- 18 August – 31 August Makuleke & Karongwe South Africa
- 1 November- 14 November Mashatu (Botswana) & Makuleke (South Africa)
2018 Dates (7 day courses)
- 19 March – 25 March Makuleke South Africa
- 29 October – 04 November Karongwe South Africa
- 14 November – 20 November Makuleke South Africa
- 22 November – 28 November Makuleke South Africa
- 10 December – 16 December Karongwe South Africa
2018 Dates (7 day courses – KENYA)
- 1 September – 7 September
- 15 December – 21 December
- Accommodation (sharing)
- Tea/coffee and cordials
- Instruction and training
- Game walks
- Open vehicle game drives
- Sleep outs/ additional activities
- 1 night at a guesthouse in Jo’burg (the night before)
- 1 transfer to camp (the outgoing transfer 14 day or 21 day only)
- Return transfers from the camp (both transfers excluded for 7 day option)
- Other transfers before and after the course
- Any accommodation other than the guesthouse at the start before/after the course
- Select beverages
- Kruger National Park entrance fee (only applicable if the course is at Makuleke Camp)
- Border crossing fee (only applicable if the course is at Mashatu Camp)
- All flights to and from South Africa including internal flights (Click here for flight quotes)
About the EcoQuest African Nature & Wildlife course
The EcoQuest safari is a wildlife course but also a safari with a difference. It is designed to provide an ecological learning experience by incorporating certain aspects of the long-running and highly popular 28 day Safari Guide Course.
It is primarily aimed at those who are looking for a more in-depth bush learning experience, but who are not necessarily able to take such a long from work or other commitments.
It consists of two components:
- Learning about the fascinating elements of nature and how each are carefully interconnected to one another in a specific region
- While at the same time experiencing some aspects of typical safari guide training.
If you are an adventurous spirit wanting to gain a greater understanding of nature and the environment, whilst experiencing the excitement of the bush, then the EcoQuest option is for you. If you are a student testing the waters for a career in this field, then join this course to see if it what you are looking for. In addition, you will be shown how to drive a 4×4 vehicle, to identify common birds, plants, trees, identify wildlife tracks and how to track game on foot.
Some subjects covered on the course:
- Common Trees and Shrubs
- Animal Tracks and Tracking
- Bird Identification and Behaviour
- Animal Behaviour
- Orientation and Navigation
- Bush Skills
- Positioning Vehicle for Photography
- Correct Use of Binoculars
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website
• non-ATOL flight inclusive packages sold to customers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
• repatriation of customers as may be applicable, subject to the terms of the insurance policy.
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 01702 811397. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)