Bush Skills Course
- 6-Jul-18 to 13-Jul-18
- 13-Jul-18 to 20-Jul-18
- 20-Jul-18 to 27-Jul-18
- 27-Jul-18 to 3-Aug-18
- 3-Aug-18 to 10-Aug-18
- 10-Aug-18 to 17-Aug-18
- 17-Aug-18 to 24-Aug-18
- 24-Aug-18 to 31-Aug-18
- 31-Aug-18 to 7-Sep-18
- 7-Sep-18 to 14-Sep-18
- 14-Sep-18 to 21-Sep-18
- 21-Sep-18 to 28-Sep-18
- Kwapa Camp is in the Okavango Delta area of Botswana
About the Bush Skills / Wildlife Ecology Course
This Bush Skills course (also referred to as the wildlife and ecology course) is perfect for anyone who would like to learn the practical aspects of being a safari field guide. It also offers the opportunity to anone to learn some of the key and most interesting facts regarding the wildlife and ecology of Africa’s famous and diverse Okavango Delta Wilderness. It is also a great course for anyone testing the water to see if guiding is for them…
The course will concentrate on practical aspects of nature guide training. This includes conducting game drives, boat excursions, mokoro (dug-out canoe) expeditions, walking safaris, bush sleep-outs and weapon handling. During this we learn the skills of tracking, bush survival, bird and mammal identification and much more.
You can expect to cover:
- Theory lectures and power point from qualified and knowledgeable trainers
- Game walks – including approaching big game on foot
- Mokoro (dug-out canoe), poling skills – depending on water levels
- Motor boating – depending on water levels
- Students conduct 4×4 vehicle game drives
- Stargazing & astronomy
- Wilderness sleep outs
Your tent is a 3×3 meter tent with a 2×3 meter en-suite shower and bush toilet and a similar sized verandah. Each tent is furnished with a camp bed, sheets, pillows, duvet and towels. An LED bedside light is provided on a small bed side table. There is a wash basin with a relaxing chair on the verandah.
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website
• non-ATOL flight inclusive packages sold to customers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
• repatriation of customers as may be applicable, subject to the terms of the insurance policy.
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 01702 811397. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)