Bateleur Main Camp & Tented Camp
Bateleur | Timbavati Private Game Reserve
Greater Kruger National Park | South Africa
A choice of flexible wildlife safaris & accommodation at:
- Bateleur Main Camp
- Bateleur Mobile Tented Camp
- OR group safaris for 4-18 people (Only available at Bateleur mobile camp)
Where are the Bateleur camps?
Bateleur have two camps – Bateleur main camp & mobile tented camp – both are set deep in the wilderness of Timbavati Private Nature Reserve with traversing allowed over a 10 000 hectar area. Timbavati private game reserve forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park with no artificial barriers between it and the world-famous Kruger National Park and so the wildlife is free to move freely.
The surrounding landscape and its wildlife is influenced the underlying geology. Typically in this area that is the undulating granite Lowveld basin with large broad-leafed trees dominating the uplands, followed by Acacia woodlands, which give way to the large trees that form the riverine vegetation in the valley bottoms. This attracts all manor of wildlife that you would except to find; the area has the Big Five game species as well as all the other important wildlife that completes the African bush with many different antelope species, predators from the small to the mighty, 500+ species of birds and much more.
Unique Selling Points of the Bateleur camps & the location
- Both camps are located on a private 3500 hectare Timbavati property where vehicle density is so low that guests may encounter no other people for the duration of their stay. This provides a level of exclusivity during guided activities that is amongst the very best commercially available in the Greater Kruger
- The property has such a prime location that the average sightings of wildlife and birdlife are amongst the very best commercially available in the Greater Kruger
- The full 10 000 hectare traversing area includes other properties on the same radio frequency which greatly increases the chance of quality wildlife sightings
- Bateleur Main Camp accommodates maximum 8 clients per night which only enhances the exclusivity already provided by its remote location on such a prime property
- Bateleur Mobile Camp accommodates one group at a time in a separate area of the same prime property, achieving the same level of exclusivity and an even greater feeling of remoteness
- The included activities of bushcraft, spider & scorpion module, and basic astronomy all add exceptional value that will exceed expectations
- For an additional cost, incredible optional extras are also offered on the property, such as an interactive reptile demonstration and tribal dancing
Photo gallery of Bateleur Main Camp
Photo gallery of Bateleur Mobile Tented Camp
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website
• non-ATOL flight inclusive packages sold to customers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
• repatriation of customers as may be applicable, subject to the terms of the insurance policy.
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 01702 811397. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)