African Birding Course (advanced)
(South African Rand)
- 05 December – 11 December (Makuleke, North Kruger, South Africa)
- 10 December – 16 December (Mashatu, Tuli, Botswana)
- 03 July – 09 July (Kapama, South Africa) FULL
- 14 August – 20 August (Mashatu, Botswana)
- 04 September – 10 September (Makuleke, South Africa)
- 04 December – 10 December (Makuleke) FULL
- 11 December – 17 December (Mashatu)
- Accommodation (sharing)
- Tea/coffee and cordials
- Instruction and training
- Game walks
- Open vehicle game drives
- Additional activities
- Transfers/transport to and from the camp, before and after the course
- Any accommodation before and after the course
- Beverages (beer, ciders, bottled water)
- Kruger National Park entrance fee (only applicable if the course is at Makuleke Camp)
- Border crossing fee (only applicable if the course is at Mashatu Camp)
About the Advanced Birding Courses
As the name suggests this option is aimed at those who are already significantly knowledgeable about their Southern African bird species.
This birding course really caters to those who want to boost their bird knowledge with specialist information while in the process obtaining a formal birding qualification such as the Special Knowledge and Skills Birding exam. It is also great for any experienced guides wishing to be able to improve their knowledge and pass on all of the wonders of African Bush (including the birds) to their guests.
The Advanced birding course is made up of theoretical lectures on various aspects of birds and birding and includes practical field excursions during early mornings and afternoon and evenings. Some are conducted on foot and others in open game vehicles.
Practical lessons out in the bush will assist you in knowing what to look for to successfully identify birds, also to point out the differences between certain ‘difficult’ birds that might otherwise seem similar.
Here are some of the topics that you will cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Habitats & Environments
- Bird Behaviours (Breeding, Chick Development, Feeding, Mating etc.)
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website
• non-ATOL flight inclusive packages sold to customers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
• a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
• making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
• repatriation of customers as may be applicable, subject to the terms of the insurance policy.
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 01702 811397. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)